With fall recruitment right around the corner, many of Ferris' students are "on the fence" about whether or not Greek life is for them. No worries, everyone: here I am to give you a list of the positive reasons of getting involved in Greek Life here on Ferris' campus.
1) There is something for everyone. With six social sororities, seven Interfraternity Council fraternities, two Black Greek Council fraternities, three Black Greek Council sororities, and numerous professional fraternities, Ferris has an opportunity to find your home away from home in any of these organizations.
2) Meet new people! There is no better way to meet new people around campus than to get involved in a community as large as the Greek community at campus. With over 500 students that are Greek each semester, this is a great opportunity to become part of a large, supportive community at Ferris.
3) Academic Help! Students in Greek life are proven to have higher grades than the average student at Ferris. This is because most Greek organizations have recommended library hours, and you are able to meet people in your degree/classes to study with.
4) Networking! With being part of a national chapter as well as a local chapter, you are able to network with people from across the country in all types of fields.
5) Leadership Opportunities! The organizations pride themselves on having great leaders and making sure that these leaders give back to the organization and the community as a whole. This allows incoming members an opportunity to climb the ranks in these organizations and to develop professionally in the process.